Critical Reflection

Throughout the 13 weeks of the UCS1001 module, it has definitely equipped me with relevant skills for the future and it has been truly enriching. In the beginning of the module, I have set goals of attaining better interpersonal skills as well as meeting new friends here. After these 13 weeks , I am glad that I was able to see improvements  in my goals. The weekly classes taught by Prof Brad have allowed me to improve my social skills as his class is always very engaging and we would usually get to speak or have a conversation about an idea in class. With better social skills, it will definitely be of use when I enter the workforce as I will be more confident in conveying my thoughts with my fellow colleagues. I have also made more friends here such as Lucas, Shameer and many more! I really treasure our friendship as we would have meals in school and study together during the time between lectures. Throughout this module, I have also come to realize that critical reflections are an important aspect of critical thinking which is paramount in today's society. It is through critical reflections where we can actually see the flaws and we would be able to upgrade and improve ourselves from then on. I would like to thank prof Brad for his constant feedback on our work as well. Through his feedback, I was able to learn my mistakes and correct them. Even though UCS ends here, I look forward to refining my critical thinking and reflection in projects or presentations ahead.


Through the research project, I have learnt to communicate better with my group mates. As the team leader of ChargePoint, I had to distribute tasks evenly throughout for each member and create meeting opportunities for our group to discuss the project. We also gained an in-depth understanding of our subject through group research and zoom meetings. Through our collective efforts, we were able to create a remarkable product and I am glad to be part of ChargePoint because of my group mates who were always supportive of our ideas. I believe that teamwork truly makes a dream work and with the combined efforts of everyone, we were able to make this project a successful one. Other than group work, I felt that I have also gained better presentation skills. I have learned how to better maintain a firm posture as well as removing the usage of scripts in my presentation. It has definitely changed my view towards presentations as I believe that with a good grasp of the content and with enough practice, presentation skills can be improved drastically. It was also my first time presenting without a script since polytechnic and I'm proud that I was able to pull it through without the usage of my phone. Lastly, I believe that I have improved on my writing skills as well. Previously during polytechnic, I wrote technical reports without much thought to it and they were usually in a mess. Through this module I have gained better effective writing skills taught during classes and I was able to apply it in my group’s technical report.


“The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways”. I resonate with this statement and looking forward, I hope to leverage on the knowledge learnt during UCS to achieve effective communication skills as well as critical thinking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal letter Self introduction

Design summary reader response draft 4

Paraphrasing from the quote by Sherwyn Morreale, Michael Osborn & Judy Pearson Professors of communication (2000)